Vidya Balan even abused Vidhu Vinod Chopra to bag Parineeta
She is one of the most sought after actresses today but her journey in filmdom wasn’t a cake walk. Vidya Balan had to give over 60 screen tests for her debut Bollywood film, ‘Parineeta’.
After appearing in several ad films and music videos, she made her debut in B-town with Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s home production in 2005.
“I was doing ad films and I had signed quite a few South films but then I went through a phase of being called jinxed because my first South film was stopped midway and then even other directors threw me out of their films.
Then I started doing music videos...but Dada (director Pradeep Sarkar) had told me he would make a film with me,” Vidya told reporters here, last night at the Vidhu Vinod Chopra festival.
“He (Pradeep Sarkar) went to Chopra (Producer) with the script and the latter wanted a bigger star but he also said if I am able to show that I can do the role then they will take me.
I gave over 60 tests..right from Indian look, western look, curly hair, straight hair, song, emotional scene..etc. I kept doing it but later I was fed up as I was not aware if they were really going to take me or not,” Vidya said.
“And the moment I gave up was the time when I got the film,” 34-year-old actress recalled.
Producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra made her undergo gruelling tests for the role of Lalita, till she got it right.
- Few Pixs Vidya Balan [DaX]
- vidya balan on HELLO Cover Page of july 2012 [DV]
- Sunny Leone wants acting tips from Vidya Balan
- Vidya’s ‘Kahaani’ enters third week, still going strong
- Madhuri demands 5 crore for a film
- Sunny Leone wants Vidya Balan to give her acting tips
- Bhandarkar’s next film revealed!
- Aamir forced to reshoot Talaash due to Vidya’s Kahaani
- Aamir Khan desires to work with Vidya Balan
- Oolala Girl Vidya In Marathi Movie